Episode 63 | Creating a Multidisciplinary Group Practice
WITH HANNAH KYAW THAUNG
- Episode 63 | Creating a Multidisciplinary Group Practice 00:00
Hey Group Practice listeners!
In this coaching episode, Hannah Kyaw Thaung and I will be talking about creating a multidisciplinary group practice. We’ll dive deep on having not just therapists, but other disciplines in a group practice.
- referring clients who need further support in house (especially in areas where there are limited resources)
- risks involved in managing different disciplines
- covering your bases legally
- establishing new leardership positions to provide support to new hires (onboarding coordinator, supervisor, clinical director)
- hiring established providers vs newly graduated providers
- how to deal with staff turnover
- managing expectations for new hires
- pricing differences for different disciplines
Give it a listen!
This episode is sponsored by TherapyNotes. TherapyNotes is an EHR software that helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with confidence and efficiency. I use TherapyNotes in my own group practice and love its amazing support team, billing features, and scheduling capabilities. It serves us well as a large group practice owner.
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.