Episode 45: On Hiring
WITH MAUREEN WERRBACH
- Episode 45: On Hiring 00:00
Group Practice listeners! Today I’m doing another AMA (Ask Me Anything) where I’ll be answering questions regarding hiring & onboarding.
Things to keep in mind during the hiring process:
- Your vision + mission for your group practice
- Looking for strengths that compliment rather than reflect your own
- Personality & your office dynamic
How to make the most of your onboarding process:
- Have an in-depth training period
- Ongoing & consistent supervision
- Pay for or suggest outside training
How to compete with larger groups who can offer more to their employees:
- Focus on the environment + culture
- Being able to provide time and attention larger group owners can’t
- Loyal & close-knit staff community
- Find & highlight your non-financial incentives
When should you continue hiring?
- Wait until clinicians are 50% full to start looking
- When your clinicians are about 75% full, start hiring
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
All Call Technologies provides customized virtual phone services for mental health professionals and small medical offices. All systems include encrypted voice mail for HIPAA compliance. And “Dial Through” allows the clinician to make calls out and show the business number as the caller ID.
To receive a $50 discount off of your setup fee enter code TGPE.
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.