Episode 17 | How Big Is Too Big?
WITH MAUREEN WERRBACH
- Episode 17 | How Big Is Too Big? 00:00
How Big is Too Big? An Interview With Group Practice Owner Jeremy Sharp
In today’s episode, I talk to Colorado Center for Assessment and Counseling group practice owner, Jeremy Sharp. His question is all about “How big is too big?” with regards to keeping the culture of the group practice family-like and close knit.
Things we discuss are:
- How many therapists is too many when trying to keep a family style culture?
- How much is too much growth with regards to office size? Is it too risky to expand by doubling your office space?
- How many hours should we work clinically as business owners in order to have the time to connect with our therapists?
- Delegating administrative tasks to free up time to connect with therapists.
- How to give personal attention to clinicians (supervision, meetings, etc.)
- Tightening processes in your group practice in order to have more time for therapists.
- Communication with therapists-is your communication with your staff is all about work related questions or is there connection building communication?
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
All Call Technologies provides customized virtual phone services for mental health professionals and small medical offices. All systems include encrypted voice mail for HIPAA compliance. And “Dial Through” allows the clinician to make calls out and show the business number as the caller ID.
To receive a $50 discount off of your setup fee enter code TGPE.
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.