Episode 14 | Best Practice Ideas for Keeping Clinicians Happy
WITH MAUREEN WERRBACH
- Episode 14 | Best Practice Ideas for Keeping Clinicians Happy 00:00
In today’s episode, I explore ways to ensure that clinicians are happy working at your practice (at least what is within your control!). A topic that comes up often for group practice owners is how to keep retention rates of clinicians up and how to make sure that they stay as long as possible. Here’s what I see as important factors to consider:
- Compensation: I discuss the different pay structures for clinicians (most common are a percentage, flat rate, graduated percentage, salary).
- Incentives: I also discuss different incentives you can offer above and beyond counseling session compensation. Want to invest in their future? Offer company matched retirement account. Want to offer compensation for going above and beyond? Bonuses.
- What do you offer? Are you offering more than other practices? Supervision, staff meetings, the ability for professional growth, ability to use creative juices, groups, workshops, speaking engagements? What else do they get from your group practice besides a paycheck?
- Engagement: How we talk to our clinicians go a long way. As does the things we don’t say. I talk about how I engage each day with my clinicians, checking in to see how they are, asking about things they need, celebrating birthdays and workiversaries.
What else do you find important to keeping your clinicians happy?
Take a listen!
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
All Call Technologies provides customized virtual phone services for mental health professionals and small medical offices. All systems include encrypted voice mail for HIPAA compliance. And “Dial Through” allows the clinician to make calls out and show the business number as the caller ID.
To receive a $50 discount off of your setup fee enter code TGPE.
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.