Episode 22 | Figuring Out Who To Hire
WITH MAUREEN WERRBACH
- Episode 22 | Figuring Out Who To Hire 00:00
Figuring out who to hire in your practice can be a feat all on its own. Group practice owners collectively agree that looking for and hiring clinicians is fraught with anxiety and uncertainty. Oftentimes, practice owners find out that they hired an ill-fitting clinician and feel resentful, confused, and unsure of their ability to hire effectively.
In this podcast episode, I discuss a few quick tips to help you hire the best clinicians for your practice. Tips include:
- Thinking about your ideal clinician in the same way you look at your ideal client
- Making a list of important skills, specialties, days of the week or time of day they can work, total hours per week they can work, and any other details that are important to you
- Not hiring clinicians who don’t fit your needs just because they are nice or you liked them
It’s also good to note that it’s a work in progress. Becoming comfortable with your search and interview style is something that you fine tune as you do it more often. Be kind to yourself and go with your gut.
Looking for more information about hiring and staff management?
Uriah Guilford and his team at The Productive Therapist provide the admin support that you need to grow your practice and also have a life! Your dedicated assistant can help with phone support – return calls and emails promptly, intake coordination, content & email marketing, EHR setup & management, social media & much more. And what’s great, is that Uriah knows what group practice owners need because he’s a group practice owner too! Mention TGPE and get 2 hours of free training time with your assistant!
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.