Decorating Your Group Practice <– Click the link to see my practice!
If you need help with ideas for decorating your office, watch the video above to take a look at my group practice office.
I LOVE decorating. It’s the part of my creative process that fills me up when I get to do it. But I get it, not everyone gets filled up trying to decorate their offices. But in the years of having a private practice, one thing that I have learned is that people love going to an office that looks nice. On a daily basis, clients are telling our admin or their therapists how much they love the home-like feeling, the comfortable, safe, environment that our office brings them. We even have clients whose significant others or parents stay in the waiting room doing work on their computers because they like the atmosphere better than their own homes and offices!
What I am saying is that a nicely decorated office plays a big part in your clients’ first impressions, and research has shown, plays a part in whether or not a client continues to work with you. A great therapist with an eyesore of an office may have difficulty keeping clients because their office says, “I was put together haphazardly, without much thought.”
With that in mind, I have listed a few details that are important to me, and that through feedback from many clients, has shown to be important to them too.
Ways to create a safe space for your clients
- Loveseat or couch
- One (or two) armchairs
- Fresh coat of paint on walls
- Artwork that is comforting and YOU
- Lamps (lots of them) | Nothing sets the mood like good lighting
- Pillows and blankets | Source of warmth and comfort to clients
- A clock that everyone can see
- Arrange seating in a way that creates safety and comfort
- Mints, water, fidgets (these are things I like in my office, may not be everyone’s style)
All Call Technologies provides customized virtual phone services for mental health professionals and small medical offices. All systems include encrypted voice mail for HIPAA compliance. And “Dial Through” allows the clinician to make calls out and show the business number as the caller ID. To receive a $50 discount off of your setup fee enter code TGPE.
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.