Episode 37: Identifying Recruiting Strategies with Katie Vernoy
WITH KATIE VERNOY
- Episode 37: Identifying Recruiting Strategies with Katie Vernoy 00:00
In this episode, I talk with Katie Vernoy of Evolve to Thrive about how to identify your group practices needs and how to identify a recruiting strategy. Some of the takeaways were:
- Be a BOSS (be BOLD, OBJECTIVE, SELECTIVE, and STRATEGIC about your hiring process). I love this acronym!
- Have a recruiting strategy that is organized, clear, and as automated and non-time consuming as possible. Listen to the podcast to learn more about the steps she recommends:
- Job description
- Job posting
- Phone/video screen (be sure to show the *warts of the job-aka be transparent about your needs, don’t be overly-flexible)
- In person interview
- Group interview
This episode is jam-packed with useful tidbits from Katie, and you’re sure to leave with a broader understanding of how to effectively and efficiently recruit new therapists and administrative staff. Take a listen!
Katie Vernoy, LMFT, founded Evolve to Thrive Coaching and Consulting to support leaders, visionaries, and helping professionals create meaningful and SUSTAINABLE careers. Katie co-hosts The Modern Therapist’s Survival Guide podcast and provides workshops and conferences through Therapy Reimagined.To learn more about Katie and her services you can reach her at www.katievernoy.com.
Uriah Guilford and his team at The Productive Therapist provide the admin support that you need to grow your practice and also have a life! Your dedicated assistant can help with phone support – return calls and emails promptly, intake coordination, content & email marketing, EHR setup & management, social media & much more. And what’s great, is that Uriah knows what group practice owners need because he’s a group practice owner too! Mention TGPE and get 2 hours of free training time with your assistant!
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.