Episode 41: Thinking Outside the Box to Develop a Thriving Practice with Lisa Savage
WITH LISA SAVAGE
- Episode 41: Thinking Outside the Box to Develop a Thriving Practice with Lisa Savage 00:00
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Lisa Savage on thinking outside the box in your group practice. Some questions we’ll be discussing are:
- How did she come up with the idea?
- How long did it take her to get to 7 figures?
- How does she get schools to agree to allow services?
- Does she employ contractors or employees?
- What lessons has she learned about being in practice?
Lisa is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. Her focus of a study was on health and mental health. Most of her career has been focused on the provision of quality health care to underserved and impoverished communities. Ms. Savage is a strong proponent of ‘taking services’ to people in their communities. To that end, she began working in schools and other community settings. In the past several years, she has expanded her services to schools and opened the Center for the Child Development, which focuses solely on the provision of mental health services to children and families in the school setting. Additionally, Ms. Savage owns and manages The Delaware Center for Counseling and Wellness where the focus is on helping adults in areas such as anger control, stress management, emotional eating and marriage counseling.
Uriah Guilford and his team at The Productive Therapist provide the admin support that you need to grow your practice and also have a life! Your dedicated assistant can help with phone support – return calls and emails promptly, intake coordination, content & email marketing, EHR setup & management, social media & much more. And what’s great, is that Uriah knows what group practice owners need because he’s a group practice owner too! Mention TGPE and get 2 hours of free training time with your assistant!
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here: LEARN MORE HERE
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for listening to the group practice exchange podcast. Like what you heard? Give us five stars on whatever platform you’re listening from. Need extra suppor? Join The Exchange, a membership community just for group practice owners with monthly office hours, live webinars, and a library of trainings ready for you to dive into visit www dot members dot the group practice exchange dot com forward slash exchange. See you next week.
Here are the resources and guides we recommend based on this episode
* I am an affiliate for some of the businesses I recommend. These are companies that I use in my own group practice, and make recommendations based off of my experience with them. When you use some of these companies through my links, I receive compensation, which helps me continue to offer great free information on my podcast, blog, Facebook group, and website.
Meet your host
Maureen Werrbach is a psychotherapist, group practice owner and group practice coach. Learn more about her coaching services here:
The podcast is structured so that you get practice building tips in small doses, where an episode can be listened to (and a group practice building lesson can be learned) in a single car ride.
Episodes are structured into categories: coaching sessions where I coach a group practice owner on a specific topic, tips of the day by yours truly, real talk where you get to be a fly on the wall while an established group practice owner and I talk about the highs and lows of ownership, and trainings done by experts in the field.
Don’t miss an episode! Download The Group Practice Exchange Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play and don’t forget to subscribe and rate TGPE
* The content of this post is intended to serve as general advice and information. It is not to be taken as legal advice and may not account for all rules and regulations in every jurisdiction. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.